Friday, May 29, 2009

My dream which I wanted to materialise back then...

I've always thought that 1:1 computing, especially when it provides the opportunity for mobile learning, learning anywhere anytime has always held promise!

I had wanted to use netbooks or umpcs with mobile broadband and cam/video function to facilitate geog fieldwork with my students. Alas no money and had to write paper to justify haha. I sincerely felt that allowing communication between students and exploring the geog landscape by themselves, framing geog fieldwork pictures etc were great ways to facilitate SDL and CL.

Key issues would be portability of machines (light, long lasting battery) and mobile internet availability. Interestingly, software used can be free, such as through the google platform, rather than proprietary software which can be priced prohibitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment